Advanced Information Architecture: A Strategic approach
Price: £395.00 + VAT
Information architecture (IA) can play an important role in both the development and delivery of enterprise strategies. This one day masterclass exposes the points at which information architecture meets strategy, and helps information and knowledge managers to understand where they can participate in business and IT strategy creation and execution.
- Explain the business case for information architecture (understanding of how tools such as KPI's etc can help)
- Outline the main information architecture products and describe how to develop them
- Analyse the role of information architecture in business strategy work
- Develop a plan for the deployment of information architecture in strategy work
- Describe the role of information architecture in enterprise architecture
- Define information architecture deliverables to support IT strategy through enterprise architecture
- IA background and role: Outlines the contribution that information architecture can make to enterprise performance, and reviews business cases for IA. Describes information architecture skills and techniques from a strategy development stand point. Illustrated with case studies and exercises.
- Local vs enterprise information architecture: Special characteristics of enterprise information architecture. Developing information architectures that apply across domains, applications and technologies.
- IA and business strategy development: Provides an overview of strategy tools and how they are used by business strategists. Considers the contribution that information architecture can make to strategy development, and looks at how IA can provide an intellectual framework to support strategy teams. Looks at IA role in different disciplines - e.g. innovation, compliance, sales and marketing. Outlines the work that information architects have to meet the requirements of strategists.
- IA and enterprise architecture: Provides an overview of Enterprise Architecture and its role in IT strategy development. Explains the role IA plays in Enterprise Architecture. Outlines the IA deliverables that Enterprise Architecture requires and the steps needed to develop them.
, Independent Consultant and Trainer
lecture and workshop
who should attend?
This is course is aimed at managers and those who are looking at information systems from a strategic point of view. It is expected that those attending have a good understanding of information architecture principles and practice.
‹ Back to course calendar