Building Fileplans and Retention Schedules for Records Systems: SharePoint, ECM, EDRM
Price: £350.00 + VAT
This one day workshop is designed for records professionals facing the challenge of deploying formal classification structure to their records management and building a retentions schedule for their organization. It will lay out the principles that support the formation of good classification structures in the form of a fileplan and retention schedules; will describe how the fileplan and retention schedule tools are interlinked; and will survey available source materials for retention periods.
- an understanding of the logic behind fileplans and confidence in using this to classify areas of work
- an understanding of the change management aspects of fileplans, including building awareness and building acceptance
- an understanding of the different ways in which you can deploy business classifications, and the different impacts these will have on users
- understanding of the principles behind retention scheduling and the techniques for building retention schedule
- an understanding of how to apply fileplans and retention schedules in different system environments, from shared drives to EDRM systems or SharePoint.
- an opportunity to work with records professionals from other organizations and to share experience and good practice
Defining a fileplan
- Key components of the fileplan: classification headings and record folders
- Critical success factors for a fileplan
- Building a fileplan exercise
- Critiquing other peoples fileplans
- Processes and methodologies for building fileplans
- What is a retention schedule
- Process for building a retention schedule
- Considerations in setting retention rules
- Critique of different retention schedules
- Implementing fileplans and retention schedules in different system environments
- Shared drives
- Project planning for building fileplans and retention schedules
, Trainer, Consultant
Highly interactive workshop and lecture
who should attend?
This course is for RM professionals who wish to build, evaluate or improve their organisations business classification scheme and rentention schedule.
‹ Back to course calendar