Introduction to knowledge management: a foundation programme
Price: £335.00 + VAT
"Was looking for a good basic grounding in KM theory/terminology and methods to help me start the process of devloping a KM strategy and course provided both"
"I thought that Ian covered well in one day what is a very large subject"
This one day course will provide delegates with an introduction to the concepts and practice of knowledge management and equip them with ideas and practical approaches to implement knowledge management in their organisations. Knowledge management has become a management discipline in many organisations and approaches to knowledge management continue to evolve to help address increasingly complex business challenges.
This course will demystify the field and provide the basic grounding delegates need to work in the area. They will be introduced to the language of knowledge management, the principles that underpin it and its practical application in organisations.
- an understanding of the scope of the field - the know why and what
- an understanding of how to deliver value with knowledge management in your business - the know how
- ideas and practical action plans to move forward into implementation - the know where and when
Topics covered include:
- the origins of knowledge management and its relevance to business today
- the nature of knowledge and how it can be classified and exploited
- the characteristics of effective knowledge management programmes
- valuing knowledge in business and getting a return on your investment
- case studies of knowledge management programmes in action
- practical knowledge management tools and approaches
- action planning
, Senior Associate, TFPL
Course/presentations/case studies/individual work/group work
who should attend?
This programme is suitable for delegates with little experience in the field of knowledge management but with a good understanding of business
- Delegates from a library and information background will find the programme of value as it will enable them to explain how information management is an important component of an effective knowledge management programme
- Delegates from a project and programme management background will find the programme of value as it will enable them to explain how knowledge management can improve learning and results from business processes
- Delegates from a human resources and learning and development background will find the programme of value as it will enable them to explain how their activities help to create an organisational environment which enables knowledge to be created, shared and replenished
- Delegates from an IT and developer background will find the programme of value as it will enable them to explain how their technical solutions support and enrich knowledge management programmes.
‹ To course search page