- April 5, 2017
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
This one-day training workshop will look at free resources and search techniques for locating news and information on EU and UK legislation. Such information could be on blogs, websites, in news articles, journals and government reports. The original source of the information may not be in English and assessing authority and timeliness is crucial.
A significant part of the day will be taken up with practical sessions. Exercises will be provided but you will be free to try out searches of your own and discuss options and techniques with the trainer. Documentation will be provided in hard copy and electronic form.
Key learning objectives
Topics will include:
- How to use advanced search commands to find news and information on legislation
- How to use reading level and date ranges to focus the search
- Searching foreign language pages
- Options for searching journals, research information, grey literature
- Alternatives to Google
- Specialist tools and sites
Assessing quality and relevance