- UK boards neglecting GDPR compliance
26 Jul 2017 09:35
Published: Wednesday, 26 July 2017 09:09
Board-level executives are neglecting to ensure the UK businesses they run will comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), according to new research from Calligo.
The figures were in a …
- Smaller UK businesses lack digital risk awareness
25 Jul 2017 10:07
Published: Tuesday, 25 July 2017 09:11
Leaders of UK business small and medium-sized enterprises identify far fewer risks affecting their businesses, when compared to Germany and France, according to research for the Gowling WLG Digital Risk …
- European Commission calls for free flow of data after Brexit
25 Jul 2017 01:14
The European Union (EU) institutions want data flows between the UK and Europe to continue post-Brexit just as badly as the UK does.
Speaking at an event on trans-European dataflows in Estonia last week, Andrus Ansip, the European Commission (EC) …
- 8 Things Every Security Pro Should Know About GDPR
26 Jul 2017 03:09
In just under one year, the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will formally begin being enforced.
The statute requires any company, or entity, that handles personal data belonging to EU residents to comply with a broad set of …
- European regulators turning up the heat on Facebook, other social sites to modify terms
26 Jul 2017 01:20
Google’s recent $2.7 billion antitrust fine in Europe had a material impact on its quarterly earnings. The possibility of additional fines facing Google and its rivals raises the stakes in Europe for US internet companies seen to be in violation of …
- Is Your Company Ready for the General Data Protection Regulation? | @CloudExpo #Cloud #Security #Analytics
25 Jul 2017 22:39
MX Developers Journal
By Chris Boorman
July 25, 2017 05:00 PM EDT
Is Your Company Ready for the General Data Protection Regulation?
Remember the Y2K bug, the computer coding flaw that was predicted to cause global havoc when the two-digit dates …
- 10 data science insights from the Trainline
25 Jul 2017 10:32
The discipline of data science is not for the fainthearted but at Trainline, an innovative, independent digital rail platform for rail travel, it’s at the heart of everything
As head of data science at Trainline, Fergus Weldon, who will be speaking at …
- Igaming Academy addresses GDPR compliance with new course launch
25 Jul 2017 10:11
iGaming Academy is addressing one of the key regulatory issues currently influencing iGaming with the launch of its new eLearning course on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance.
With content relevant for all employees who deal with client …
- Organisations Worldwide Mistakenly Believe they are GDPR Compliant
25 Jul 2017 08:55
A study from Veritas Technologies, a provider of multi-cloud data management, has found that organisations across the globe mistakenly believe they are in compliance with the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
According to findings from …
- Veritas Introduces New Classification Engine for Intelligent Data Management Across its Portfolio
25 Jul 2017 07:01
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Jul 25, 2017 (Canada NewsWire via COMTEX) --
Data Insight 6.0 and Enterprise Vault 12.2 are first Veritas solutions to support classification engine
Veritas Technologies, a leader in multi-cloud data management, today unveiled the …