- Don’t Neglect Your Data in a Rush to the Cloud
23 Mar 2018 12:22
Greg Hoffer, vice president of engineering at GlobalScape, says that sometimes customers get so caught up in the cloud's fast-and-easy mantra they don't fully think out the security implications for their data.
Don't forget about your data in …
- Google Says Publishers Responsible for Getting Users' Consent to Comply With New EU Privacy Law
23 Mar 2018 11:39
Google is asking web publishers to obtain consent on its behalf to gather personal information on European users and target ads at them using Google's products, part of a plan to keep up with data-privacy rules in Europe.
Under the European Union' …
- Five key pieces of legislation affecting UK SMEs this year
23 Mar 2018 16:25
For most companies, wide-ranging changes to data protection legislation will be one of the biggest issues. GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), comes into force on 25 May this year, and requires every business to take a long look at the …
- Caught in a digital Kafkaesque nightmare, we're at the mercy of the tech titans' unchecked monopolies
23 Mar 2018 16:15
No wonder Mark Zuckerberg took five days to apologise. He knows that, ultimately, his corporation is safe. Mollify our doubts over privacy and time will quickly dampen our fury.
Data protection is a sexy subject when subterfuge, whistleblowers and …
- Two months to go until GDPR comes into force
23 Mar 2018 16:13
London Loves Business
What’s the bare minimum a small business needs to do?
This Sunday marks just two months to go until the GDPR comes into force. If you’re a small business owner or senior leader, and the acronym GDPR means nothing to you, there are a little more than 60 …
- GDPR: Google to demand that publishers gain consent from users on its behalf when using Google's ad technology
23 Mar 2018 16:10
Google has requested that web publishers gain consent on its behalf to gather personal information on European users and target ads at them using Google's systems.
Google is one of the biggest advertising companies in the world, posting revenues of $ …
- Facebook users aren't the reason Facebook is in trouble now
23 Mar 2018 15:24
The Washington Post
by Ifeoma Ajunwa by Ifeoma Ajunwa March 23 at 11:12 AM Follow iajunwa Ifeoma Ajunwa is an assistant professor with a joint appointment at Cornell University’s Industrial and Labor Relations School and Cornell Law School. She is also a faculty associate at …
- An Introduction to the GDPR
23 Mar 2018 14:48
Klaas Brumann When the world opens for business on May 25, 2018, the European Union’s General Data Privacy Regulation will be in effect, permanently changing the way businesses around the world collect, process, and store data on EU prospects and …
- Reynolds IT director Richard Calder: Customers want to see our IT systems before signing
23 Mar 2018 11:48
Customers are increasingly taking an interest in the IT systems of their suppliers, not just to ensure GDPR compliance and other security related matters, but to ensure that they can innovate and quickly respond to changing demands.
That's the warning …
- IDG Contributor Network: Overcoming today's risks and tomorrow's threats with confidence
23 Mar 2018 11:47
As any cybersecurity professional knows, the biggest threat to an organization is the one that hasn’t been launched yet.
Attackers have become so adept at the element of surprise that they send their targets into a tailspin whenever a new threat is …