Rolling Contract until 2022
£20,224 + £1,500 Discretionary Bonus
Monday to Friday
37.50 hours a week
About the company
Our client is a support services company that provide document management service to workplaces. They are presently working closely with a Government department across the UK. They are seeking to recruit an Archive Assistant to join a small team in Milton Keynes.
What you’ll be doing
The project is in support of compliance with the Public Records Act in relation to the release of records to The National Archives (TNA). Specific volume and accuracy targets must be met.
The position will give successful candidates experience of working for a prestigious and high-profile organisation.
The positions are on fixed-term annual contracts with a rolling renewal until 31 August 2022.
This is an unqualified position, with the possibility of eventual promotion to a qualified role for suitable and interested candidates. This position is an excellent opportunity for a graduate looking to obtain experience before taking archive qualifications or following an archives course by distance learning. Candidates studying by distance learning will be allowed paid leave to attend summer school in addition to their normal leave allocation.
- Listing documents in preparation for selection decisions.
- Physical preparation of documents for transfer to The National Archives
- Participating in annual verification of the Archive Inventory
- Participating in development training
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
• Confident using Microsoft Excel.
• A methodical approach, close attention to detail and high standards of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• High standards of personal organisation to manage a varied workload with the ability to respond to changing priorities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to carry out repetitive tasks, when required, without compromising accuracy
• An interest in Archives, Heritage or related fields
Successful candidates, if not already cleared, will be required to undergo security vetting to DV level, a process which can take up to 6 months.
It is desirable for successful candidates to have their own transport as the site is not served by public transport. Free parking is available on site.
Why you should apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join an established team that provide extensive assistance to the Government