Archive - Cataloguer
35 hours a week
January 2019 Start
About the company
We are recruiting for a full time Archive Cataloguer on a 9-month contract, for our Educational Charity client who supports research into the History of British Art and Architecture.
What you will be doing
As the Archive Cataloguer, you will appraise, arrange, repackage, catalogue and make available a collection of papers created by an eminent art historian of the 20th Century.
The archive requires detailed cataloguing – the diaries and notebooks at item level - and the resulting catalogue must be ISAD(G) compliant. The project will also involve selecting material for digitisation, clearing copyright and attaching images to the catalogue.
In addition, it will include liaising with a library cataloguer working on the art historian’s extensive library of art historical and rare books.
Dependent on timescales, the project may additionally include publicising and promoting the collection via the organisations website, newsletter, blogs and other means.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Postgraduate qualification in Archives and Records Management
- Proven experience of sorting and cataloguing archive collections in accordance with international standards
- Experience of using CALM software
- Ability to adhere to tight / strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- A basic knowledge of British Art would be an advantage.
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an experienced candidate to put their skills and knowledge to use
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5459 or email@example.com