Archives Assistant – Part Time
£10.44 per hour
14.5 hours per week
Working Tuesdays and Wednesdays
ASAP start until March 2020
About the company
We are actively recruiting for our Museum client in Manchester, who are seeking an Archives Assistant, on a Part Time basis, to assist with supporting the archives collections care and management
What you will be doing
You will support the development of the Museum’s internationally significant archive. You will deliver reliable access to the collections for personal, professional and academic researchers in the archive study area. You will also undertake activities to support the above including document issue and return, reprographics and responding to general enquiries.
- Delivering mediated access to the collections through delivery of archive study area services, including document issue and return, reprographics and responding to general enquiries
- Supporting collections care and collections management, including repackaging of collections and ensuring locations are up to date in the archive database
- Undertaking any other tasks required to fulfil the duties of this role
- Complying with the Health & Safety Policies, risk assessments and safe systems of work and reporting any health and safety concerns.
Why you’ll be hired
- Have experience working in an archive access support role
- Have experience of handling and storing archive collections
- Be committed to making archive collections accessible to diverse audiences
- Be IT proficient with working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build excellent working relationships
- Communicate to a high standard both verbally and in writing to obtain and share information
- Be effective at prioritising workloads and resources whilst meeting deadlines and maintaining agreed standards
- Be good at problem solving and decision-making
- Have a passion for providing exceptional customer care
It would be great if you …
- Have an awareness of archive and museum management systems
- Have experience of documenting archive collections
- Have experience of working with archives, particularly business, industrial and scientific archives
- Have experience of dealing with archive stakeholders
- This role is subject to a Disclosure Scotland basic criminal record check.
- You will need to be available to work 9am to 5pm on Tuesday and Wednesday each week.
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an Archives Assistant to gain further experience with Collection Care and Management
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5459 or firstname.lastname@example.org