3-month contract – Immediate start
£ 13.74 per hour
Monday to Friday
35 hours a week
About the company
Our client is a world leading research institution, renowned for student experience with an award -winning campus. They are seeking to recruit an Archives Cataloguer to join their team in Norwich.
What you’ll be doing
The Archives Cataloguer will create a detailed inventory of working papers, correspondence, books and audio-visual material and to make recommendations regarding future storage, preservation and archiving requirements.
- To be a part of a team to agree an approach to the identification, sorting and listing various office papers. This includes creating an agreed workflow, inventory template and project timeline that works within project resource constraints.
- To work with staff within the organisation to identify the contents of office files, boxes and shelving, and produce an inventory that provides an agreed level of detail and description.
- To reorganise material into a coherent system that enables access and aids inventory and to recommend items for disposal
- To handle personal data in accordance with the UK data protection legislation (training will be provided, and supervision will be ongoing).
- To consult with professional archives staff on data protection and other ethical considerations.
- To handle material with sensitivity and in strictest confidence
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Qualification or suitable relevant experience in librarianship and archives administration, records management, and/or postgraduate research within an archive setting
- Knowledge of German language
- Experience of working with records management inventories and/or catalogue records
- Experience of cataloguing standards
- Knowledge of copyright and data protection legislation and their relevance to archives
- Ability to work both independently, under supervision, and within a team
- A methodical and systematic approach to work
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- An interest in literature
Why you should apply
The position will give the successful candidate experience of working for a prestigious and high-profile academic organisation. This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to put your archival and cataloguing knowledge and experience to work with a talented team. There is a possibility of staying in the Student Accommodation during the week If you are thinking of relocating for this contract.
If you are interested in learning more: Please get in touch on 020 7378 5468 on Ioanna.firstname.lastname@example.org