£29,776 per year
4 months ago
A 12- month Maternity Cover
28hours per week
Salary of £29,776 pro rata
About the company
Our client is a focusing on celebrating culture, heritage and diversity with vibrant community events for local people, businesses and visitors to enjoy.
What you’ll be doing
The Archivist will be developing the collection, ensure its security and preservation and oversee its cataloguing to the required standards.
- Proactively identifies best practice in the sector and updates systems, policies and procedures accordingly alongside the Heritage Team Leader
- Manage the archive collections stored both on and offsite, ensuring they are stored to required standards and that there is public access to the collections wherever possible.
- Lead on cataloguing archival collections to relevant standards.
- Prepare and maintain archival finding aids in the most appropriate format.
- Coordinate the cataloguing of Heritage Service collections (museum, local history and archival) in the collections management system CALM by providing training, setting priorities and procedures and overseeing cataloguing undertaken by other staff and volunteers.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of the service, setting and achieving heritage performance and income targets.
- Provide an excellent standard of customer service
- Work towards the service being delivered in an outcome-focused and efficient way, training colleagues, volunteers and customers in their use, processing and handling of archive materials.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Have a postgraduate qualification in Archives and Records Management (or equivalent)
- Have post qualification experience in the management of records and archives
- Demonstrable experience of cataloguing to international cataloguing standards (such as ISAD(G)) and familiarity with CALM
- Experience in or interest in digital preservation solutions
- A good understanding of record management processes and be able to work closely with record manager to confirm what should be transferred to the archive.
- Experience of supervising the work of staff and volunteers
- Experience of working with heritage collections stored off-site
Why you should apply
The position will give the successful candidate experience of preserving and sharing a diverse heritage and make it accessible to the community. This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to put your archival and cataloguing knowledge and experience to work with a talented team.
If you are interested in learning more: Please get in touch on 020 7378 5468 on Ioanna.firstname.lastname@example.org