3-months contract – Immediate start
£19.51 per hour
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
About the company
We are recruiting for a full-time, temporary Archivist to work at the research centre of a Gallery based in London. The role will be working 35 hours per week for an initial period of 3 months.
What you will be doing
The primary focus of the Archivist job will be the preservation of the physical care and managing the accessioning, sorting and arrangement of all new archival material, and to manage the arrangement and description of both existing and new archival material in accordance with national and international standards.
The Archivist will be managing policies and procedures to ensure business efficiency and compliance with relevant legislation (including the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts). Also, the successful candidate will act as the Gallery’s FOI specialist and co-ordinate Gallery responses to FOI requests.
In addition, the successful candidate will undertake the full range of duties including answering enquiries from the staff and public about the history of the Gallery and the collection and providing archive tours / inductions and managing reader supervision including invigilation and visitor guidelines.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- A degree and a post-graduate information management (archives, libraries) related qualification.
- Knowledge of current information related legislation, including the Public Records Acts, Freedom of Information Act and data protection legislation, and the ability to take a Gallery-wide lead on information related legislation such as FOI
- Deep Knowledge of archive database systems and online resources for archives
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders e.g. the National Archives and Information Commissioner’s Office
- Proven experience of access and service issues and the challenges of working with historic and current archives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, project management and problem-solving capabilities
- Good organisational and time-management skills, including ability to prioritise a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to put your archival knowledge and experience to work with a talented team. This role is paying a very competitive hourly rate
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 02073785468 or Ioanna.firstname.lastname@example.org