Business Development Manager/Executive
Location: Manchester/London and/or homeworking
If you’re a researcher looking to develop new skills (and please don’t be scared by the word ‘sales’!) or if you already work in business development and want a new challenge, then please get in touch for a chat.
My Client is an award-winning consumer insight agency that works with many blue-chip clients in the UK and worldwide, including the BBC, Co-operative, easyJet, Nationwide and Unilever. We’ve experienced high levels of growth and we’re now looking for a Business Development Manager to be part of our continuing success.
What they offer is a role that’s intellectually stimulating, in a team that’s friendly and fun, working collaboratively with colleagues across the business (including research, innovation and trends), getting to know a wide range of clients and sectors.
What you’ll be doing (in a nutshell):
- Using your research skills to talk with clients to understand their research needs
- Working with colleagues across the business to brainstorm research solutions
- Producing tailored written proposals, that communicate the research solution in a compelling way (rooted in research rigour)
- Supporting the identification and contacting of new or lapsed clients, including creating and presenting Join the Dots research credentials
We’re looking for somebody who is:
- Passionate about research and insight
- Strong in terms of listening and communicating (both written and face-to-face)
- Energetic and a self-starter
- Motivated by winning work
Important note: even if you don’t think of yourself as a salesperson, but like the sound of the job, please get in touch. They have members of the team who were of the same mind as you and can talk to you about the realities of the role.
You will need to show evidence of having:
- At least one year’s experience of consumer market research
- A baseline knowledge of online communities
- A degree or equivalent qualification
- The ability to build strong client relationships
Loads of benefits like a bonus, pension, the ability to buy and sell holiday, tonnes of training, time off for charity work and more. Home-workers from across the UK for this position, as well as part time and flexible working hours will be considered.