A leading publishing company based in the Midlands has a permanent job opportunity for an experienced Cataloguer who is proficient in creating MARC21 catalogue records to AACR or RDA standard.
A great full-time opportunity has arisen to join the team based in the Midlands. The successful candidate will provide cataloguing services to the publishing company and will be familiar with Excel and database searching. This could be offered on either a permanent or temporary contract basis.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who enjoys new challenges and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
As Cataloguer your job role will include:
- Being proficient in creating MARC21 catalogue records to AACR or RDA standard
- Providing subject headings for items using Library of Congress subject headings, internal database or other online sources as appropriate.
- Loading records onto customers’ LMS (Sierra, Spydus, SirsiDyniux Symphony) and complete item holdings.
- Having excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Being familiar with Excel
- Creating full or CIP level MARC catalogue records to AACR2 or RDA standard for books, audiobooks (both CD and MP3) and e-audiobooks.
- Creating tailored MARC records to meet customer requirements and deadlines
- Possessing keen attention to detail and a drive to deliver high quality output
If you would like to find out more about this job vacancy, then please call Kathy Thistlethwaite on 0207 378 5473 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org