£17.02 per hour
9-week contract Full Time / 18-week contract Part Time @ 4hrs per day
About the company
We are recruiting for a Cataloguer to work for our Central London based client who is the trade union and professional body for doctors in the UK. The assignment is for 9 weeks at 35 hours or 18 weeks part-time at 4 hours per day (no paid break). Full-time staff are paid for lunchbreaks, so a full-time working day would be paid for 7 hours working time plus 1 hour paid lunchbreak to make 8 hours paid a day.
What you will be doing
- Most of the books / material are medical, so the cataloguer ideally needs to have experience in cataloguing and classifying books using National Library of Medicine (NLM) classification scheme and Medical Subject Headings (MeSH).
- Experience in using Aleph library management system would also be an advantage.
- Client has its own catalogue record specifications based on AACR2, for which training will be given.
- The books will already be processed ready for the shelf, but the cataloguer will be required to add classmark labels to the book.
- Ensuring the provision of catalogue records for library resources.
- Advising library management about cataloguing policies and practice.
- Maintaining catalogue in good order, including removal of records for material not held.
- Advising on library classification systems and stock management.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Professional library qualification or equivalent, relevant, experience
- NLM and MeSH are regarded as essential, they are the standard classification scheme and subject headings list for medical libraries
- Effective communications skills both written and verbal
- Good numeracy skills
- Good relationship building skills
- Proficient information retrieval skills
- Knowledge of medical and healthcare policy information resources and literature
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previous administrative experience
- Experience of working in a customer focussed environment and demonstrable commitment to customer care
- Proven IT skills previous experience of using MS Office and Library Systems
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to work within a talented and busy team.
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5459 or firstname.lastname@example.org