What you'll be doing
As an experienced DPO with a solid knowledge of Freedom of Information, you will be responsible for the day to day management and review of corporate compliance applying information management best practice standards.
You will be required to interact across the business covering two London Boroughs to maintain and implement information management procedures and assist in communicating the organisation's strategies for managing information and best practice.
* To manage requests for personal data, complaints and appeals. As well as take lead on investigations into breaches under the corporate Data Protection Subject Access, freedom of Information and Security Governance procedures.
* To administer the Council's FOI Publication Schemes in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
* To regularly review and amend the Data Protection Notification.
* To provide training and support to a large network of about 120 Access to Information officers to ensure compliance with the Data Protection act and Freedom of Information act.
* To assist the development and implementation of information handling procedures.
* To assist the devising and implementation of document and records systems. Including classification, security, retrieval and retention processes.
* To maintain an overview of the organisation's information assets and to support owners of information assets in managing the information in line with appropriate regulations, good practice and organisational policies.