HR Advisor/ HR Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: £29,000 - £34,000
Working hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Summary of the role
To provide professional advice and guidance to all managers across the business, ensuring a consistent, timely and commercial approach to all HR matters. To operate within Company’s policies and in line with ACAS best practice and current employment legislation. Assist with employee relations, performance management ranging from disciplinary to grievance processes and capability assessments. Overall, the HR Advisor will be responsible for all aspects of the people management with in the business, ensuring all policies are consistent and that all HR queries are dealt with promptly and reliably
Why you should Apply?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established organisation that has long tenures in the company. They assist and help their employees grow both skills and knowledge and career. This is an exciting time for our client as they are expanding their operations and looking to grow the company. This has created a role that requires an experience HR Advisor who is ready to move into a Managerial role
- This role would be perfect for a graduate with Business related HR/Admin with 3 years’ experience.
- CIPD level 3 certificate is the minimum required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to be pro-active and work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Competent IT skills
- Good working knowledge of employment law and legislation
- Motivate and lead the team to new levels of development and achievements
What you will be doing:
- Provide managers with timely comprehensive advice on all employee relation matters
- Deliver effective case management of people related issues such as disciplinary, performance management, grievance and absence management
- Develop effective relationships with the business to promote good employee relations across the organization
- Review appraisals for training needs analysis
- Understand, develop and implement Company procedures, rules and requirements of all employees
- Coach managers in best practice in order to promote a more pro-active approach to people management
- Give line managers advice on pay and other remuneration issues, including career development and benefits.
- Deliver HR Workshop training sessions.
- Ensure all HR files and HR training records are maintained and updated
- Taking ownership of recruitment process across the company from drafting job descriptions and personal specifications to assisting managers with interview questions and techniques
- Advising Directors and Managers of forthcoming legislative changes and their impact on the organization.
- Giving guidance and support on specific issues such as absenteeism, recruitment and disciplinary matters.
- Administering staff pension and private health insurance schemes.
- Administering the monthly payroll including arranging for payment of PAYE/NI and pension contributions.
- HR administration including issuing contracts, starters and leavers administration, maintaining our existing HR system, benefits administration, employee files maintenance, ad-hoc request and queries from all employees: e.g. payroll queries, holiday system, payslips, P60s