Job Title: Import/ Export & Team Administrator
Position: Fixed -Term employee contract, 12 months duration.
Salary: £24k to £26K Depending on experience
Start Date: As soon as possible; January/February 2019
Our client is leading general trading companies their trading activities span a broad range of goods and commodities, including machinery and equipment.
Our client has had offices in Europe for over 50 years. As part of the organisation, comprising over 131 offices in 66 countries and around 450 consolidated companies, we have access to an extensive and exclusive business information network.
In our Food Division, we handle a wide range of products of European and African origin, including marine products, dairy products, coffee, juices and essential oils. We also import a selection of food products, and we are the European distributor for a unique branded beer.
The Import/Export Administrator is responsible for carrying out administrative tasks related to the import and export of produce and managing the shipment of products.
- Acts as a team player – Collaborate and support colleagues and peers across the organisation.
- Results oriented and flexible - Be adaptable, able to meet deadlines and to work with all types of individuals based locally or at our overseas branches.
- Self-motivated, commercially oriented and driven individual.
- Communication - Able to build relationships with colleagues across the organisation and provide the support required.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Detail Oriented – Ensure that all information is correct and seek further clarification when information provided is not satisfactory.
- Flexible approach to role responsibilities and able to manage multiple expectations.
- Cross - culturally aware and adaptable.
Key skills and experience required
- Previous experience in export and imports administration.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent English communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel).
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK as the Company is not able to support visa applications.