A distinguished global law firm has a permanent job opportunity for a Junior Information Advisor to be part of The Information & Research team. The ideal candidate will be a keen Information Science degree holder with a good working knowledge of MS Office. This role is an ideal opportunity for a graduate who has the desire and ambition to move in to the information field and progress. The Junior Information Advisor role is to help ensure the effective delivery of research and information services to the Practice and Business Services of the firm.
You will have a pro-active team working approach and be confident in communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. You will seek to pro-actively build and develop relationships to compile and promote awareness of information resources company-wide.
An exciting full-time opportunity has arisen to join the law firm’s Information & Research team. The team plays a vital role in ensuring that the value of information is realised through the efficient gathering, assembling and development of both internal knowhow and external materials.
As Junior Information Advisor your job role will include:
- Having a creative, confident and pro-active approach
- Compiling and promoting current awareness
- Having experience of providing business or legal research in a commercial location
- Having a good working knowledge of MS Office and research databases
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Sourcing and developing a collection of information resources which successfully meets the needs of the practice.
- Having excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills.
- Training senior stakeholders so they have the knowledge to efficiently research using the services and systems provided.
- Maintaining the hard copy reference collections within the department
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of The Information & Research team and to appreciate clients' information needs.
This is a great job opportunity for an Information Science graduate who will gain valuable marketable skills to further develop their career.
If you would like to find out more about this job vacancy, then please call Kathy Thistlethwaite on 0207 378 5473 or email your details to email@example.com