£22k - 25k per year
020 7378 5459
over 1 year ago
Information and Records Coordinator
£22,000 - £25,000
37 hours a week
About the company
We are recruiting for our Membership Body client in Derby, who are looking to recruit an Information and Records Coordinator into a newly generated role, to join their Technical Services and Policy Team, to assist in the establishment and running of the organisations ‘Knowledge Centre’, whilst delivering effective custodianship of the digital library and physical Library / Archive content.
What you will be doing
- Competently input into the digital library design for the ‘Knowledge Centre’.
- Source and research historical, newly published and emerging publications as potential additions to the digital library.
- Evaluate digital and physical papers, books and other resources for consideration as additions to the digital library – ensuring agreed quality and compliance measures are applied and appropriate cataloguing/labelling rules are used.
- Manage and maintain digital library content on a day to day basis, optimising the systems for storing and delivering digital content to the end user.
- Anticipate, research and report on current and potential information and records needs, in support of future industry policy and direction.
- Publicise services to stakeholders and endeavour to expand the use of Knowledge Centre resources.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with partner organisations and external stakeholders to strengthen the organisations ‘technical voice’.
- Follow and report on record management standards and trends.
- Liaise with the digital library third-party software provider as required.
- Manage the recording and archiving of Technical Services & Policy team information, to enable accurate referencing and retrieval of source material, enquiries and meeting notes.
- Operate office systems to process work, index and maintain accurate, searchable records.
- Support technical standards development and technical communications, including provision of technical content into the monthly journal, through quality information retrieval.
- Resolve information enquiries from both internal and external sources, providing written, face to face or telephone responses as appropriate.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Experience of working within a Library / Archive / Cataloguing setting
- Experience of dealing with complex information/document management systems
- Knowledge of managing digital repositories
- Understanding of copyright licensing
- Familiar with navigating technical language
- Understanding and applying quality and compliance measures
- Comfortable liasing with Industry, Academic and Government stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to put their Information research and gathering skills to use
If you are interested in learning more information about the role please get in touch