Information Manager/Freedom of Information (FOI) Coordinator
Based in London
6-7 months FTC
About the company
We are recruiting for a full-time Information Manager /Freedom of Information (FOI) Coordinator to work within a governmental organisation in London. It is a full- time 6-7 months FTC.
What you will be doing
The primary focus of the Information Manager will be to coordinate and maintain an accurate and up to date register of the Freedom of Information (FOI) requests and exemptions. Your job will be to implement policies, procedures and guidance for the management of paper records to enable the efficient storage, retrieval, retention and disposal of information.
You will be responsible for ensuring the organisation’s paper information and records management systems and practices are compliant with relevant legislation and Codes of Practice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the project coordination of the implementation of the record retention and disposal schedules including supporting staff in changing work paper practices to improve overall organisational compliance.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Excellent understanding of the Freedom of Information Act (FOI), Environmental Information Regulations (EIR), Data Protection Act and other legislation and Code of Practice.
- A recognised Freedom of Information (FOI) practitioner qualification or relevant experience of managing FOI and Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) request process and advising on FOI /EIR issues
- Experience of developing and maintaining information and records management procedures, system and processes
- Good awareness of public sector information security requirements and information risk management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, project management and problem-solving capabilities
- Good awareness of IT
- Strong analytical, numeric and critical reasoning
- Good organisational and time-management skills, including ability to prioritise a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to analyse and assimilate information in order to make decisions
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to work within a talented team.
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5468 or Ioanna.firstname.lastname@example.org