A 6 month Fixed Term Contract Information Officer job opportunity is currently available for a leading law firm, based in London. The post will be based within the Information Services team.
This job vacancy is focused around a particular project – supporting the roll out of a news distribution system.
Key job responsibilities will include:
• Checking, curation and creation of new searches in a news distribution system
• Liaison with administrators and stakeholders in the business
• Participating in and contributing to project meetings and training sessions
• Contributing to the drafting of templates, training materials and guidance on product usage
• Administrative support for the online renewals process
• Comparing sets of search results and flagging any inconsistencies
• Creating and amending search strings in a news system
• Communicating with stakeholders via email and in person
• Updating wiki and Intranet pages, excel documents and other repositories.
Ideally you will have experience of managing current awareness services, using relevant news alerting software. A Library & Information Management qualification is desirable, otherwise you must have significant equivalent experience
You must possess:
- excellent knowledge of search construction, including use of Boolean operators
- good knowledge of search string creation
- an understanding of the role of Knowledge and Information Management in a Corporate Environment, so it is likely you will have worked in a professional services environment
- an eye for detail, with the ability to gather and analyse information and to use the results of that analysis to make effective decisions and find innovative solutions to problems
- excellent communication skills and the ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility with people at all levels
- the ability to demonstrate proactive thinking and a positive attitude
This is a great chance to be involved in an entire Information management project to replace one current awareness information system with another, within a global law firm.
To be considered for this and other Information management job vacancies please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org