A leading global law firm has an exciting permanent role for an Information Officer – Research and Resources to join their Knowledge and Business Intelligence Centre team in their Liverpool office.
You will be confidently communicating with colleagues across the organisation and be involved with focused analysis and information reporting, including competitor analysis.
The Knowledge and Business Intelligence Centre deliver a range of Knowledge and Information Services across the firm, from providing professional research and analysis and procurement services to supporting the firm’s business objectives and strategy.
As Information Officer your job role will include:
- Reviewing publication lists and advising managers as needed.
- Having knowledge of hard copy and online resources to guide on collections
- Managing journal subscription procurement
- Offering detailed analysis and information summaries on sectors and clients for company profiles for pitches and competitor analysis.
- Being pro-active in raising the department’s profile for global users.
- Having extensive experience of external databases and information systems
- Co-ordinating external training with information providers
- Having excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build effective relationships firm-wide.
- Managing the invoice process and accurately updating in the department’s budget
- Supporting management in the procurement and renewal processes
- Compiling and promoting business and legal current awareness
- Having a collaborative work ethic, happy to share information
- Working to tight deadlines
- Having a forward thinking, original and assertive approach
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Knowledge and Business Intelligence Centre team and to appreciate clients' information needs.
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an Information Officer to join a vibrant and developing new office. You must be keen to work in a professional and corporate law firm, with the confidence to deal directly with users, have strong communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
If you would like to find out more about this job vacancy, then please call Kathy Thistlethwaite on 0207 378 5473 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org