This is a new permanent job opportunity for an Information Scientist, to be based in Surrey.
You will join an existing Library, Information and Research team in providing a range of information services. This will include answering enquiries, research, literature searching and business intelligence.
You will support clients and work to build the technical knowledge base.
You will be happy dealing directly with clients regarding either subscription services or running webex demonstrations, etc.
This job role will also help to monitor the latest technical information management applications that support information provision.
Key job requirements include:
- a degree qualification in Information Science or similar, accredited by CILIP
- an understanding of database, search and content management systems
- the ability to search and disseminate technical information
- excellent IT skills and an awareness of the latest techniques and technologies being used to provide information
- strong communication and client skills
- strong report writing and presentation skills
Ideally you will have some experience of information provision in a commercial organisation, but applications are also welcomed from new Library/Information graduates.
This is a great opportunity to join an Information Services team in a specialist sector, and to be based in Surrey.
To be considered for this and other Information Management job opportunities please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org