20 days ago
Information Services Manager - London
A leading law firm has a new permanent job opportunity for an experienced Manager to lead the Information Services team.
This role will lead a team responsible for maintaining the office's information resources, promoting the resources across the business, designing and delivering training on resources, providing a research service and supporting current awareness intelligence needs of lawyers.
The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the next phase of information services provision including reviewing existing processes, services and resources and working towards a more global approach to procuring and promoting information sources.
Key job responsibilities will include:
- budget management
- ensuring best practice around subscriptions and renewals.
- evaluation of existing sources and new sources.
- promotion and provision of a quality legal and business research service – both hands-on research and supporting team members.
- the organisation and delivery of legal research training.
- provision of news monitor service
- review of existing processes and policies.
- management of Information Services team.
- wider knowledge projects.
This would suit an experienced Information Services manager from another law firm.
Key person and job requirements include:
- Information professional qualification
- Experience of purchasing resources including reviewing terms with suppliers and negotiating on cost
- Experience of managing or supervising staff
- Experience of designing and delivery legal research training
- Excellent research skills including a proven in-depth knowledge of legal and business databases (including Lexis, Westlaw, Lawtel, Practical Law)
- Confident and dynamic – able to effectively promote services and support user education initiatives - Flexible with a "can do" attitude
- Established external network in the legal information field