please enquire for salary range
18 days ago
Information Services Officer – London - Permanent
This is a great role to provide legal an business research, but also additional varied Information Services.
As well as providing general legal research support, this role will support business development activities by researching in relation to the firm’s clients, key industry and business areas, targets, and competitors, in line with the firm-wide business development strategy.
As Information Services Officer your job role will include:
- Providing in-depth business and legal research
- Being experienced in using Lexis Library m Westlaw & Practical Law and general online databases search methods are essential.
- Having professional and commercial awareness
- Working to tight deadlines
- Being educated to degree level or equivalent
- Assisting the Research Manager with statistical reports on usage of research services
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Having excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Developing and delivering presentations and training
- Being a team player and having a superb customer service ethos
- Travelling to regional offices for training and project work
- Setting up and advising on current awareness services
- Having excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills.
- Assisting with new business projects
- Having a forward thinking, original and confident approach
- Having a CILIP or The British and Irish Association of Law Librarians membership
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Research and Information Services team and to appreciate clients' research needs.
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for a library and research professional, educated to degree level, who is experienced in working in research in a legal information environment. You must be keen to work in a professional and corporate law firm, with the confidence to deal directly with users and have strong communication skills.
To be considered for this and similar legal information job vacancies, then please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org