about 2 months ago
Information Services Officer – London - Permanent
This is a new permanent job for an Information Officer to provide join a small Information Services team within the Knowledge department of this leading law firm.
As Information Services Officer your job responsibilities will include:
- Providing in-depth business and legal research
- Being experienced in using Lexis Library m Westlaw & Practical Law and general online databases search methods are essential.
- Having professional and commercial awareness
- Working to tight deadlines
- Being educated to degree level or equivalent
- Assisting the Research Manager with statistical reports on usage of research services
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Having excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Developing and delivering training
- Being a team player and having a superb customer service ethos
- Travelling to regional offices for training and project work
- Setting up and advising on current awareness services
- Having excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills.
- Assisting with new business projects
- Having a forward thinking, original and confident approach
- Having a CILIP or The British and Irish Association of Law Librarians membership would be ideal
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Information Services team and to appreciate clients' research needs.
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for a library and information research professional, educated to degree level, who is experienced in working in Information services, including providing research in a commercial environment. You must be keen to work in a professional and corporate law firm, with the confidence to deal directly with users and have strong communication skills.
To be considered for this Information Services Officer job vacancy, then please apply with your CV illustrating your relevant corporate or legal Library and Information Services background, to firstname.lastname@example.org