Dependent on experience
almost 3 years ago
An international business consulting firm who advises clients on strategy, operations, technology, mergers and acquisitions and organisation has a new permanent job opportunity for an Information Services Specialist.
A stimulating permanent full-time job opportunity has arisen to join the Information Services Department. The successful candidate will provide research and information to consulting teams using electronic resources including new platforms e.g. for social media analysis etc. The Information Services Specialist frequently works as part of case teams to assist in research planning, information delivery and capture of research experience. This is a new role and the London team works collaboratively within EMEA Information Services to share best practice and experience. The ideal candidate will be a team player who enjoys new challenges and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
As Information Services Specialist your job role will include:
- Conducting research for case teams, Practice Areas and client development utilising both traditional and advanced electronic resources with guidance from a Senior Information Services Specialist.
- Providing filtered well organised research results
- Participating as a member of an Industry Team to support cases.
- Working proactively with Teams to understand the project context and specific information needs
- Building industry expertise by attending Practice Area meetings, industry conferences and regular reading of industry trade publications
- Having excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Having a degree in Library Science and having three years of experience in a fast-paced business environment
- Having demonstrable experience of business research tools, including CapIQ, Thomson and Factiva.
- Having experience of using deak research databases such as Prequin, Dealogic, Pitchbook
- Seeking opportunities to broaden and deepen your skills set by being part of special projects.
The candidate will ideally have previous experience in business information research in a consulting, financial services or accounting firm. You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Information Services Department Team and to appreciate clients' information needs. This is a great job opportunity for an experienced Research and Information professional to work for a superb consulting firm.
If you would like to find out more about this job vacancy, then please call Kathy Thistlethwaite on 0207 378 5473 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org