020 7378 5479
about 1 year ago
An international business consulting firm who advises clients on strategy, operations, technology, mergers and acquisitions and organisation has both permanent and contract job opportunities in their Information Services department for an Information Services Specialist or Senior Information Specialist. Positions are available based in London or Stockholm.
This is a great job opportunity for an exceptional researcher to join the Information Services Department. It would suit someone who would flourish in a fast paced consulting environment with a passion for results delivery and teamwork.
The successful candidate will provide research and information to consulting teams using electronic resources including new platforms e.g. for social media analysis etc.
The Information Services Specialist frequently works as part of case teams to assist in research planning, information delivery and capture of research experience.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who enjoys new challenges and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
As an Information Services Specialist or Senior Specialist, your job role will include:
- Conducting research for case teams, Practice Areas and client development utilising both traditional and advanced electronic resources
- Providing filtered well organised research results
- Participating as a member of an Industry Team - you shoud be open to having a sector specialism
- Working proactively with Teams to understand the project context and specific information needs
- Building industry expertise by attending Practice meetings, industry conferences and reading industry trade publications
Key job specification requirements for the Information Services Specialist will ideally have previous experience of providing business information research in a consulting, financial services or other business setting.
- Having excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Having a strong academic background and relevant business information research experience in a fast-paced business environment
- Having demonstrable experience of secondary business research tools, including CapIQ, Thomson and Factiva.
- Experience of alternative data tools like social media analytics/webscraping etc. would be very well regarded
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Information Services department and to appreciate clients' information needs.
This is a great job opportunity for a bright Research and Information professional with great communication and stakeholder management skills, to work for a superb consulting firm, based in either London or Stockholm.
To be considered for this and other Information Services research job vacancies please apply with your CV to Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org