A respected law firm has a permanent job opportunity for a Knowledge and Information Officer in their Business Support team in their Leeds office. The ideal candidate will be an eager information degree holder with a good working knowledge of MS Office. This role is an ideal opportunity for a graduate who has the desire and ambition to move in to the information field and progress (training will be provided).
You will have a strong team working approach and be confident in communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. You will seek to pro-actively build and develop relationships to compile and promote awareness of information resources company-wide.
An exciting full-time opportunity has arisen to join the law firm’s Business Support team. The team plays a vital role in ensuring their lawyers have access to the right information at the right time. The team manages an extensive range of printed and online legal and business information resources supporting the firm’s global knowledge and business development strategies.
As Knowledge and Information Officer your job role will include:
- Assisting with enquiries and research
- Undertaking complex research to tight deadlines
- Assisting with projects and looking into the development of all aspects of the service
- Assisting with the maintenance and updating the firm’s intranet and responsible for specific content
- Compiling and promoting current awareness
- Having a good working knowledge of MS Office
- Processing and monitoring departmental budgets
- Cataloguing new and existing stock
- Managing loose-leaf updating
- Assisting with the delivery of current awareness services
- Having excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills.
- Training users so they have the knowledge to efficiently research using the services and systems provided.
- Having a forward thinking, original and confident approach
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Business Support team and to appreciate clients' information needs.
This is a great job opportunity for a BA or Information Science graduate who will gain valuable marketable skills to further develop their career.
If you would like to find out more about this job vacancy, then please call Kathy Thistlethwaite on 0207 378 5473 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org