Highly Competitive Salary
8 months ago
A leading law firm has a new 12 month Fixed Term Contract for a Knowledge and Information Officer.
The position sits within the Corporate Finance Information Office team. Corporate Finance includes M&A and Private Equity.
The Corporate Finance Information Service aims to ensure all internal clients (fee earning and business services) have access to information resources which meet the Firm's business needs.
Key job responsibilities include:
Internal Knowledge Systems
• Develop expertise in the different knowledge systems.
• Ongoing maintenance, inputting when required and revision of such knowledge systems which include Contao wiki, the knowhow system, HighQ, iManage and the SharePoint intranet.
• Assist in projects relating to the development of and access to products using the internal knowledge systems
• Provide information which will enable internal clients to carry out legal research eg identify appropriate sources and provide assistance relating to using those sources when required.
• Liaise with the knowledge lawyers where appropriate.
• Deal with newsfeed requests.
Corporate Finance Intranet
• Maintain and act as the main point of contact for the Corporate Finance Intranet.
• Ensure content is up to date and readily accessible.
Training on Resources
• Assist with projects aimed at improving access to and delivery of knowledge.
• Attend deal reviews to capture knowhow and raise awareness of submitting knowhow.
Online Databases and Print Resources
• Assist in the testing of new online services and provide feedback and promote key databases
The role is suited to individuals seeking to extend their experience gained from working within a professional services or corporate environment at Information Officer level.
The team are looking for an individual who can take on the responsibilities outlined with minimal supervision. The ideal job and person specification profile will therefore include:
- Experience of working in a knowledge and information role within a law firm, preferably within Corporate.
- Experience in legal or commercial research to a very high standard.
- Experience of creating and editing web pages is required.
- Experience of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required as well as good general technical skills in order to use and help maintain the various information systems and interfaces.
- Knowledge of iManage and online meeting and training platforms preferred.
You should have excellent communication skills to deal effectively with fee earners across the practice, and in order to confidently build relationships with internal clients at all levels in the Firm.
You must be able to work with initiative and a pro-active approach to resolving problems.
This is a Fixed Term contract for 12 months at a prestigious law firm, which will be based in London eventually.
To be considered for this and other Knowledge and Information management roles please apply with your CV to email@example.com