A leading law firm has a Fixed Term Contract job opportunity for a Knowledge Lawyer. This position is based in London and available for a period of 6 months.
The successful candidate will work as a Knowledge Lawyer, supporting lawyers to access the knowledge they need in order to maintain a high standard of service offered to the firm’s clients.
Key job responsibilities will include:
- Developing and supporting a knowledge sharing culture - Supporting and encouraging knowledge sharing activities and behaviours across groups and teams, through e.g. developing communities of practice, creating and maintaining online knowledge hubs/repositories and devising solutions to surface specific legal expertise, specialisms and insights.
- Knowledge collection: Gathering, reviewing/editing and organising collections of useful knowledge for fee earners, including managing the process of capturing such knowledge across the firm.
- Reviewing, updating and drafting standard documents: Reviewing and maintaining standard documents, templates, checklists, practice manuals and similar tools to enable lawyers to deliver high quality service consistently to clients.
- Knowledge systems – Managing, developing and maintaining the firm’s knowledge systems – reviewing and publishing knowhow from fee earners, maintaining taxonomies and feeding into system improvements and developments.
- Training: Working with lawyers to identify their legal technical training needs (across all practice areas) and reviewing/developing training and materials where required.
- Current Awareness: Monitoring legal developments to help ensure lawyers are kept up to date with relevant developments in the law and practice.
- Projects: Driving/contributing to knowledge projects and initiatives.
To be considered for this position you should be a previous Knowledge Lawyer or have PSL experience, in addition to:
- Strong legal drafting skills
- Good technical skills – Microsoft applications
- Strong legal research skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to build effective working relationships at all levels
- A track record of delivering results and maintaining high standards of excellence
- Being a self-starter with the ability to do work on own initiative and manage priorities
- Possess a can-do attitude with the energy to see initiatives through to their conclusion
To be considered for this 6 month Knowledge Lawyer contract please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org