highly competitive salary
about 1 month ago
A leading law firm has a new permanent job opportunity for a Firmwide Knowledge Lawyer/Knowledge Manager based in London.
The primary role of the Firmwide Knowledge Lawyer/Knowledge Manager will be to help the KM team to promote a knowledge-sharing culture and to work with lawyers and the firm's KL team in developing, collating and coordinating knowledge on a range of legal topics or issues which are of interest or application across practice areas, and to assist in the dissemination of such knowledge internally and in the development and promotion of the knowledge offering to clients and others externally.
Key job requirements include:
- monitor and keep abreast of developments in the provision of external knowledge and other value-added services in the legal market.
- help to develop and promote the content strategy for the publication of knowledge resources and thought leadership articles to the website and social media channels.
- develop and coordinate the external knowledge resources (such as client briefings, newsletters and alerts, client precedents and toolkits and other resources).
- research, develop and collate the knowledge in relation to cross-practice topics such as ESG and sustainability alternative asset management, and coordinate, publish and maintain related content on the topic hubs on the website and on other external channels.
- draft or coordinate the production of regular comment pieces for an external audience on the topics mentioned above, where appropriate.
- help to identify opportunities for, and coordinate topics for, client training, particularly in relation to events involving a range of different practice areas or cross-practice topics; and
- explore options for facilitating external collaboration with clients and others externally on the development of client knowledge resources.
You will be working with lawyers, the Director of Knowledge and Learning, and the BD and Marketing team to:
- develop and promote systems and processes designed to facilitate the sharing of client knowledge and intelligence in order to strengthen client relationships, improve client service, and expand client offering; and
- harness and disseminate, as appropriate, client knowledge and information from secondees/returning secondees, particularly as regards value added services.
You will be working with the Head of Knowledge Management, the KL team and Legal Ops team to:
- develop, collate and coordinate the core legal knowledge in relation to key strategic horizontal initiatives such as alternative asset management, ESG and technology, as well as core legal topics of relevance across practice areas, such as contract law.
- ensure that lawyers are made aware of and have ready access to "need to know" knowledge and legal updates which originate from one practice area but have relevance beyond that practice area.
- help to coordinate the collation and dissemination of legal updates on key topics from overseas jurisdictions with relevance to the firm’s practice.
- identify innovative means of disseminating and displaying information and promoting collaboration/knowledge-sharing internally.
You will have at least four years PQE in a relevant practice with a flexible and innovative approach and have the following skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to write and create succinct and compelling digital content for clients and other external audiences.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and project co-ordination skills.
To be considered for this and other Knowledge Management job vacancies please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org