almost 2 years ago
Based in London, a law firm has a permanent job vacancy for a Knowledge Services Assistant.
The job holder will help provide Knowledge Management services across the firm. This position is primarily responsible for assisting with the management of knowledge materials and data.
Collaboration and teamwork is an important aspect of the role.
Key job responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the development and maintenance of new and existing practice group sites in SharePoint, adding links to internal documents, external research tools and relevant websites, in accordance with established content management best practices.
-Request and obtain new knowledge materials and content from lawyers.
- Maintain and update directories using the firm’s CRM system and SharePoint.
- Assist with the collection and validation of data for internal deal trackers in SharePoint and other platforms.
- Manage the content and organization of KM folders in the Firm’s document management system.
- Help prepare and deliver regular practice specific newsletters using the Vable publishing tool.
It is essential that you are seeking to develop a career in Knowledge Management and Knowledge Services in a corporate environment. This position would suit someone intent on entering this area or already with some experience in a similar junior Knowledge Management role.
Further job qualifications may include:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, either in law or information management would be an advantage.
- Highly organized
- Possess very good communication (oral and written) skills as well as interpersonal skills
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of working in an a library function in a law firm or professional services firm is desirable.
- Technical experience should include MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience of SharePoint would be an advantage but is not essential.
To be considered for this and other Knowledge Management roles please apply with your CV and brief introductory comments incuding why you are interested in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org