Learning & Skills Advisor
£20.55 per hour
Starting date: January 2019 - May 2019
Monday to Friday 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
About the company
We are recruiting for a full-time, temporary Learning and Skills advisor to work at one of the most prestigious academical institutions in London.
This role will be working 35 hours per week starting in January 2019 until May 2019 and it is based in Central London.
What you’ll be doing
The primary focus of this Learning and Skills Advisor job will be to provide efficient and excellent customer services that will develop the information literacy of students, staff and other Library services’ customers.
- Designing high quality learning materials both generic and subject specific
- Facilitating first-rate skills teaching sessions as part of a coordinated programme
- Supporting the development of information literacy for all Library Services staff
- Create and curate E-Learning materials
- Design teaching sessions to groups of all sizes on a range of topics
- Liaise and coordinate with external training providers where necessary
- Collect and review student feedback to further the service provision within the department
- Offer additional support to researchers and research students regarding medical, health and NHS resources
- Review and critically appraise the medical and health literature and resources using critical appraisal tools and tools for systematic reviews
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
• Educated to degree level with a teaching or training qualification
- Understanding of the role libraries play in research and teaching in an academic institution
- Proven experience in co-ordinating induction and teaching within assigned Faculties
- Previous working experience in creating and curating e-learning and online tutorials
- Strong IT skills regarding software, e-resources and online databases in medicine and other healthcare specialities
- wareness of the range of services currently being delivered by libraries
- Good organisational and time-management skills, including ability to prioritise a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience of working within a team
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity to put your teaching and research experience and skills to work for one of the most respected universities in London.
This role is paying a very competitive hourly rate of £20.55