A respected law firm has a permanent job opportunity for a Legal Librarian. You will work on the Enquiry Desk to offer research services and support for fee earners and business services teams in the UK and the Middle East offices. Your duties will include training, supporting library users in legal and other research skills, administrative duties and to keep the information resources current and ready for use working within the library team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an organised and pro-active candidate who will take pride in providing a superb service to the firm.
The ideal candidate will be articulate and eager to start or continue a career in a Legal Library environment. Ideally the successful candidate will have proven experience of enquiry/research work in a commercial or legal environment and a Library/information graduate level qualification.
As Librarian your job role will include:
- Preparing and delivering interactive training for new trainees (in small and large groups) using a variety of learning methods
- Being a team player and
- Delivering library inductions for new fee-earners and Business Development team
- Cataloguing library materials
- Producing current awareness for library users
- Organising hardcopy and online journals, managing renewals and access, negotiating prices where needed
- Having an excellent working knowledge of main legal and commercial research databases
- Being at ease with technology and able to help others
- Being confident to build strong working relationships with stakeholders and promoting the library team and its role within the firm
- Being an excellent team player and able to work well under pressure
- Having a pro-active, professional and “can-do” attitude
- Having excellent written and oral communication skills
You will possess the ability to develop a good understanding of the work of the Law firm’s Library team and to appreciate clients' needs. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who has legal or business research experience, who will gain valuable marketable skills to further develop their career. This is a full-time role. If you would like to find out more about this job vacancy, then please call Kathy Thistlethwaite on 0207 378 5473 or email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org