Librarian (Part Time)
£23.06 per hour
3 Month Contract
14.6 hours a week (Mon/Tues)
About the company
A London based, highly regarded, higher education client has a requirement for a Part Time Librarian
To oversee the delivery of library and information services that support all teaching, learning, research and clinical practice activities.
What you will be doing
This role will include strategic planning, oversight of the annual budget and its expenditure, giving direction for the development of services and overall responsibility for the library resources and facilities.
- Line management of two members of staff and oversight of the training and development of all members of the team.
- Negotiation and management of the Service Level Agreement with the Trust, including monitoring and reporting.
- Coordinate a high level of service delivery, in line with Library Services procedures and practices, and in the context of the Library’s commitment to Customer Service Excellence, ensuring that agreed standards are delivered in a way that is consistent with all Library sites.
- Ensure there is library representation at Faculty, curriculum and staff-student liaison committees, and at Trust meetings.
- Ensure that orientation and information skills training sessions are planned and delivered in consultation with organisational colleagues and oversee the delivery of a specialist enquiry service.
- Responsible for the library marketing and advocacy initiatives including oversight of the web and social media presence.
- Responsible for the promotion, monitoring and evaluation of the services and facilities offered at the site, introducing improvements where possible.
- Manage expenditure of the library budget.
- Oversee the development and management of the library’s print and electronic resources.
- Ensure that processes are in place for the collection and collation of required statistics and evidence of performance against service standards.
- Participate in relevant meetings and committees
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A recognised qualification in Librarianship or Information Studies
- Experience of planning and delivering resources and services in a health or university library
- Experience of line management of staff
- Experience of planning and delivering information skills training
- Experience of the effective promotion of library services, appropriate to a variety of audiences
- Experience of handling library enquiries, both face-to-face and electronically
- Experience of collecting and collating management information and using it to inform service development
- Experience of managing collections
- Knowledge of information resources in biomedicine and health
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to work within a higher educational library environment
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5459 or email@example.com