about 1 month ago
MAM Librarian / Archivist – London (hybrid)
A great new job opportunity has arisen for a Library or Archives professional to work on the development and curation of a luxury brand’s unique archive.
You will become part of an exciting media asset team developing a world class library of archive footage, opening up a world of creative storytelling for this heritage brand.
This new 6 month Fixed Term contract job role offers hybrid working with significant remote working included in addition to weekly visits to London.
Key Job Responsibilities of the MAM Librarian / Archivist will include:
- Appraise assets which incorporates significant amounts of film / video footage
- Ensure all approved assets correctly adhere to filename protocols
- Confirm that the folder structure is correct and assets are in correct storage locations
- Check and review asset metadata and provide insight to those involved in the metadata process
- Update spreadsheets/generate reports with inventory of uploaded assets
- Remove files that are deemed unnecessary
- Maintain and contribute to standards and governance
Person Specification and Key Job Requirements:
- Expertise in working in an archive, on a digital asset management system to full capability
and optimising assets
- Good production knowledge and understanding of production terminology
- Knowledge of Media Asset Management systems
- Keen eye for detail
- Time management
The MAM Archive role is offered as a 6 month contract initially, with a good chance of further extension. Start date is negotiable, depending on your availability.
To be considered for this MAM Librarian job opportunity, please apply with your CV, showing your relevant Digital Asset Management Archives or Library background, to email@example.com