About the company
Located in the heart of London is this growing research team in a flourishing and highly respected industry champion, led by an entrepreneur with a successful track record in creating respected financial services businesses.
This role is ideal for an experienced Market Research Manager/Associate Director with relevant experience in the financial services market who wants to be a part of something that is a little bit different than that offered by the standard ‘research agency’ career path.
This role will suit experienced market researchers who are able to design, conduct, manage and present research projects – being involved at all stages of the research process – from inception to delivery. An understanding of and confidence in both qualitative and quantitative methodological approaches is essential.
What you will be doing
You will deliver bespoke research projects commissioned to meet specific client needs as well as help to produce regular reports purchased by the financial industry.
You will be confident in moderating qualitative focus groups and interviews and comfortable presenting your research to senior stakeholders in the financial industry.
You will be joining a small research team that is proactive and moves quickly. They are looking for someone with great attention to detail, with new and fresh ideas and someone who loves researching – and telling – a story.
The ideal candidates will possess the following
- Be familiar with the Market Research Society Code of Conduct
- Have experience of creating and managing consumer research projects for clients
- Have an interest in the new digital developments in the consumer market
- Have a good understanding of the key financial products and services
- Have a basic understanding of how consumers access financial products today and the choices that they make
- Be confident in front of senior audiences
- Take a genuine pride in your work
- Have an interest financial services and a desire to make them more consumer-friendly
- Designing and writing robust research proposals
- Creating materials required for qualitative research
- Qualitative moderation – including focus groups, phone and face-to-face interviews with consumers
- A competency with collecting and understanding quantitative data
- Collecting data from multiple sources and managing this to present a single, aggregated view with meaningful conclusions
- Producing written client reports which summarise and report back on the findings
- Working with third-party agencies (e.g. recruitment agencies, quantitative panel providers
Who you will be / Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step up – and to get out from behind a desk and to be a bigger part of a smaller team. To move into a role that, whilst supported by a small team of 5 other researchers, requires you to work with a high degree of proactivity and independence.
As part of a small team, the successful applicant will gain industry exposure to senior executives and policy influencers. Being immersed in the world of financial services, you will become expert in identifying industry challenges and trends and have the opportunity to create research that we can sell to clients, rather than being purely responsive to incoming client briefs.
To discuss this interesting and unusual role in full then please contact mark on 0207 378 5476 or mark.leigh@suehill .com