6 months ago
Project Archivist - Belfast, Northern Ireland - Permanent or FTC if preferred
An entertainment company in Belfast has an urgent job opportunity for an Archivist with digital collections management expertise to ensure the efficient response to internal requests relating to the archive and collection of sound recordings, film, paper archives and objects.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Manage, catalogue and ingest into the collection
- Advise on digital collection management procedures.
- Advise on preservation of digitised and born digital content.
- Enhance existing metadata where appropriate
- Scope, recommend, and help implement new digital preservation system alongside IT colleagues; manage migration of content into new system.
- Define and improve workflows for effective digital asset management, including ingestion, version control, access control levels, permissions, and preservation
- Maintain standards for the cataloguing of the sound recordings on new software.
- Advise on security issues related to digital collections management, particularly related to digital preservation and cloud storage
- Catalogue the paper archives and objects in accordance with ISAD (G).
- Research and respond to internal requests for access to the archive
- Identify gaps in current holdings.
Essential Job Requirements and Person Specification:
- Experience with digital asset and content management, including taxonomy creation and design, indexing, cataloguing, metadata management, preservation, and collections management (especially related to audio-visual collections)
- Experience in archival collection development.
- Competence in archive cataloguing and metadata management
- Experience in preservation management.
- Understanding of copyright and intellectual property rights/digital rights management.
- Methodical and logical.
- Flexible, organised, with excellent project management skills.
- Highly ICT literate.
- Able to work in a team, friendly and able to relate well to a wide variety of people.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
This position is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland and is offered on a permanent or long term contract basis, as preferred.
To be considered for this and other Archives job vacancies please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org