Project Archivist - 9 Month Fixed Term Contract - Central London
This is a great, fixed term contract job opportunity for an experienced Archivist to create a new private Archive collection from scratch.
You will begin by auditing and appraising a large, private, mixed media collection of papers, photos and a range of other assets.
You will be able to apply your Archival expertise including your knowledge of digitisation and cataloguing best practice to then create and carry out a strategy to organise, digitise and catalogue the items into an electronic system that will allow easy, searchable and logical access.
This will including helping to choose and procure a suitable collections management or digital asset management system.
This will effectively be a standalone, hands on role, with the potential to supervise some scanning assistance in due course.
This Project Archivist job opportunity would suit someone:
- with a professional Archive qualification or equivalent experience in a professional environment
- with an Archives background that has afforded you sufficient knowledge and experience to be able to advise on the required strategy for creating the archive.
- able to take responsibility for delivering a successful, fit for purpose solution; and commit to seeing through to the catalogued collection's completion
- who can demonstrate respect and integrity. Absolute discretion is essential.
- who is be able to work under your own initiative whilst also being collaborative and open to feedback
You should have significant experience of cataloguing collections, ideally family collections.
The post involves physical handling and lifting of archival materials.
You will be working in a corporate environment in central London. It is possible that the position could be extended after the 9 months.
To be considered for this and other Archives and Archivist job vacancies please apply with your CV and supporting comments to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org