About the company
A company in the media sector currently has a great job opportunity for an Archivist. The position is offered on a 12 month Fixed Term contract basis and will be based in their Belfast office.
What you’ll be doing
The Archivist will work across all the organisation’s assets to organise the collection, introduce processes and advise on best practice procedures. You will manage key projects across paper, film, sound and other assets including digitisation, introducing standards, collection management and digital preservation.
You will also manage requests regarding the archive and its content and manage cataloguing standards.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will possess a post-graduate qualification in Archives Management and relevant experience including:
- experience in preservation and an understanding of digital preservation and digitisation
- an understanding of copyright and intellectual property rights
- experience of archive cataloguing
This job would suit someone who:
- is methodical and organised,
- possesses strong project management skills,
- is IT literate
- is a good team player, who is flexible and has strong interpersonal skills
- has strong communication skills
What’s in it for me
This is a great job opportunity to work in a unique environment which offers a varied and interesting collection to work with. You will work in tandem with a colleague who has a good understanding of the archive.
This position is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
To be considered for this and similar Archives job vacancies please apply with your CV and brief supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org