Records Management Specialist (Cataloguer) x 3
Rolling Contract until 2022
Monday to Friday
37.50 hours a week
About the company
Our client is a support services company that provide document management service to workplaces. They are presently working closely with a Government department across the UK. They are seeking to recruit 3 professionally qualified Records Management Specialists (Cataloguers), to join a small team in Milton Keynes.
What you’ll be doing
The project is in support of compliance with the Public Records Act in relation to the release of records to The National Archives (TNA). Specific volume and accuracy targets must be met.
The position will give successful candidates experience of working for a prestigious and high-profile organisation.
The positions are on fixed-term annual contracts with a rolling renewal until 31 August 2022.
- Listing documents in preparation for selection decisions.
- Cataloguing documents to National Archives standards.
- Sorting and preparing collections of loose documents.
- Participating in annual verification of the Inventory.
- Participating in development training.
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
• You must be a qualified information specialist, records manager or archivist. The definition of ‘qualified’ includes an MA or Postgraduate Diploma in Archives or Records Management accredited by the Archives and Records Association (ARA) or equivalent qualification.
• Experience of cataloguing to prescribed standards – ISAD (G)
• Confident using Microsoft Excel.
• A methodical approach, close attention to detail and high standards of spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• High standards of personal organisation to manage a varied workload with the ability to respond to changing priorities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A knowledge of world history or politics of the modern period
• Competence in one or more foreign languages.
Successful candidates, if not already cleared, will be required to undergo security vetting to DV level, a process which can take up to 6 months.
It is desirable for successful candidates to have their own transport as the site is not served by public transport. Free parking is available on site.
Why you should apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join an established team that provide extensive assistance to the Government