£36,325 - £41,744 D.O.E
9 Month FTC
37 hours per week
Aug / Sept Start
About the company
We are actively recruiting for a Records Manager for our National Research Organisation in Southampton. This is a 9-month fixed term contract starting August / September to assist with the move from outsourcing all Records Management matters to bringing it in house.
What you will be doing
The Records Manager will provide specialised knowledge to senior management and staff, and clear guidance to ensure that the organisation meets both its statutory and legal obligations. Working with CIO and the Head of Legal to develop a corporate approach to records management for operational delivery; this includes a coordinated approach to records management, information compliance, and information quality.
• Develop new procedures to support Records Management and effective use of information, in line with legal requirements
• Design a new improved coordinated approach to records management for both scientific and corporate information
• Review and improve the approach to managing responses to all statutory request for information, such as Subject Access Requests and Freedom of Information
• Develop training for staff to support the implementation of clear and robust information and data handling standard and procedures
• Raise awareness of records management responsibilities and promote awareness and best practice
- Design and implement the organisations records management plan and procedures for both scientific and corporate records; ensuring coordination of all records managing activity including retention schedules, electronic and physical recordkeeping and ensuring compliance.
- Develop the relevant procedures that support appropriate and secure storage and use for sharing personal data; implementing a system that monitors, audits and review the data processing and information sharing protocols
- Establish a register for all company policies and a programme to ensure that these are reviewed and approved by the appropriate committees
- Information Compliance
- Develop a framework and operational practice that are compliant with the Data Protection Act 2018 and appropriate assurances are in place through a route of regularly assessing risks.
- Create new procedures for the organisations approach to managing responses to all request for information, such as Subject Access Requests and Freedom of Information Requests.
- Create a database and reporting process to manage, record and report on all complaints received by the organisation and their resolution, in line with policy and procedure.
• Provide routes of escalation to allow Group Heads throughout the organisation to proactively identify areas of risk that may impact data quality, so that timely responses take place.
• In line with new records management systems, implement Information Quality Assurance standards that provide continual development of the information governance standards
• Work with and inform the Information Governance Committee to ensure that data quality issues are addressed as part of the Renaissance transition programme.
Staff training, awareness and engagement
• Develop and oversee training that provides clear and robust information for staff with regarding to data handling standards and procedures, raises awareness of Information Governance responsibilities and promotes awareness and best practice.
• Setup of appropriate toolkit and templates that support staff in their information governance duties
Support to Information Governance Committee and Executive Committees
• Work with the Information Governance Committee to develop the approach to records management
Why you’ll be hired
- Records Management qualification or relevant professional experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant legislations pertaining to Records Management
- Extensive knowledge of legislative requirements of DPA 2018 (GDPR)
- Knowledge of current issues in Information Governance within a research setting (desirable)
- Practical or operational experience of designing, developing and monitoring performance of Records Management systems
- Proven track record within a specialised Information Governance or Records Management role
- Exceptional communicator , with the ability to lead, train and guide
- Strong analytical skills with a high attention to detail
- Excellent planning and project management skills
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to work for this National Research Organisation
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5459 or firstname.lastname@example.org