Based: Bermondsey and Westminster (dual sites)
Salary: c. £37,000-£42,000 per annum
About the company
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation steeped in history that is undergoing advancement and expansion to support its members and the efficient supply of historic and current data and information.
Due to these changes our client is seeking an experienced Records Manager but not in the traditional sense. This will be a real opportunity to join at an exciting time where your desire for personal development will support this forward-thinking organisation.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for supporting the central administration for this prestigious and historic organisation through an efficient and robust Records and Information service that supports both electronic and paper records.
- Providing advice and support to key departments throughout the organisation whilst understanding and making recommendations to improve, enhance and contribute to the organisations overall strategy.
- Responsible for reviewing and implementing Information architecture and structuring including business classification overhaul, retention schedules, disposal and archiving
- Writing and promoting policy and strategy to ensure the business has an awareness of records and information management best practices
- Working with the Information and Governance Officer, to develop and deliver information governance, information management and data protection activities and projects
- Developing and maintaining first class relationships through out the organisation through outreach and direct engagements as well as surgeries, training sessions and open days
- Producing guidance on records management, information governance, data protection and GDPR
- Managing the pack up and rehousing of the records and archives current centre to a brand-new facility opening in 2020 ensuring no disruptions to the service
- Supporting and managing the Assistant Records Manager in their duties
- Deputising for the Information and Governance Officer when required
Who you will be
- An experienced Records Manager who has a solid working knowledge of Information Governance including Data protection, Freedom of Information, SARs and some basic understanding of GDPR
- Ability to communicate effectively both face to face, in writing, at presentations and training sessions
- Strong relationship builder – able to encourage and engender change in a positive way
- Highly innovative and creative in looking at processes and best practice
- Able to deliver projects
- Able to create, contribute to and deliver strategy
- Strong IT skills – Knowledge of Sharepoint would be highly desirable
- Self-motivated and keen to develop yourself
Why I you should apply
- You will be someone that is looking for a role and an organisation where you can have a real impact on policy, strategy and change
- You will be a people’s person who enjoys building relationships at all levels
- You will be a hands-on and supportive advisor and mentor
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 378 5459