about 1 month ago
A leading global law firm has a new job opportunity, for an Information Resources/Resource Management Administrator. This is a permanent position, based in London.
The Resource Management Administrator is responsible for maintaining the Research Services department’s automated systems to provide internal clients with access to print collections, online data resources and other knowledge accessible on the Firm’s Intranet. This hands-on role interacts with Research Services, lawyers and staff to ensure excellent availability of information and research tools through accurate cataloguing, up-to-date bibliographic records, database management and quality assurance
Key job responsibilities will include:
- Manages the acquisition workflow for EMEA offices, for both print and online, including but not limited to, ordering, tracking, receipt, processing, and budget.
- Identifies and proposes cost saving measures related to acquisitions, including but not limited to annual contracts, swap periods, and consolidation of resources.
- In conjunction with the Resource Management Administrator, plans and leads the Firm’s deskbook programs, print and digital, helping craft policies and ensuring compliance, as well as providing innovate ways to provide material.
- Procure and coordinate subscription access/ termination for lawyers and business staff professionals
- Participates in testing and implementation of new electronic information products in cooperation with Research Services and IT colleagues and end-users
- Troubleshoots electronic systems for Research Services staff and end-users in cooperation with the Senior Systems and Digital Initiatives Analyst, IT Department and Resource Management and Operations team
- Maintains data in Research Monitor and Research Services-supported Intranet pages
- Monitors password and database requests for Resource Management group accounts
- Maintains hard copy collections to a high standard, including shelving, book ordering, serials management and cataloguing
- Organises, checks-in and distributes mail using the integrated library system
- Catalogues new materials for other offices, working with the Manager of Resource Management and Operations as needed
- Develops, maintains and distributes current awareness routing for EMEA offices
- Updates information on vendor records and password lists on department Intranet page
- Maintains bibliographic records within the integrated library system, including culling old records, adding new items and performing data quality checks
- Develops and administers the vendor and serial control databases in the department’s information management system.
- Assists in processing invoices for Research Services for other offices
- Participate in the annual department budgeting process.
- Shelves books and files newsletters and periodicals as needed.
- Handles interlibrary loan requests
This position would suit candidates who have Master’s in Library and Information Science or equivalent qualification, one year’s experience working with an Integrated Library System within a law library.
You should have strong technical skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be confident communicating effectively with people at all levels within the organisation
To be considered for this and other Resource Management Administrator positions please apply with your CV to email@example.com