Salary: circa. £35k - £40k + Bonus and Benefits.
About the Company
Our client is the world’s largest independent healthcare market research and consulting agency. They are working within the pharmaceutical, MedTech and biotech industry, proving research intelligence and strategic recommendations that elevate healthcare brands and help them thrive in a complex and challenging environment.
What you be doing:
The Resources Manager is responsible for allocating the researchers to project teams (including both entry-level and experienced researchers within the team), balancing project teams and keeping an eye on individuals’ ‘billability’ with clients. Our client has recently developed their own bespoke workload management platform which will be the key tool for the Resource Manager.
- Allocating project teams (internal market researchers and freelancers) to new jobs won in the London office, based on availability, and the specific requirements of the job
- Responding to daily ad-hoc requests for additional resource e.g. if someone is on annual leave, to ensure that jobs / tasks are resourced sufficiently and to minimise disruption
- Ensuring efficient and timely responses to all requests
- Supervising, monitoring (and pushing back where relevant) on everyone’s workload to ensure full utilization of internal manpower and reduce inefficiency
- Thoughtfully allocating jobs / tasks to try and ensure that individuals are provided with the relevant opportunities to meet their personal development objectives
Other responsibilities include:
- Keep on track of the development and status of each project
- Make sure all staff updated on a weekly basis about new jobs won, and project teams allocated (via weekly project updates)
- Approval of holiday requests, sick leave etc. using online platform, monitoring holiday requests to avoid staff insufficiency during the busy / popular holiday times
- Provide training to new joiners about how they should manage their workload and how to use companies holiday-booking platform
- Recruit for short term contractors to provide additional resources as and when required
- Maintaining and managing the freelancer database
- Gathering feedback on internal and external staff performance in order to effectively utilize resources and offer necessary training
- Checking / approving invoices for short-term contractors and freelancers
- Outsourcing wisely to keep a good balance between cost and business needs
- Arranging the internship program during summer school holidays
Who you will be:
- Must have a Background in market research (possibly a former market researcher who has moved into a non-client-facing position). Does not need to be healthcare specific.
- Experience of resourcing Qual and Quant projects = ideal, but open to candidates who have specialized in Qual only.
- You will need to have come from a medium or larger-sized agency, as you will be responsible for managing workloads of circa 100 people
- Need to be highly organized
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines
- Will need to know how to ‘push back’ diplomatically to ensure projects run smoothly
To discuss this interesting and unusual role in full then please contact mark on 0207 378 5476 or firstname.lastname@example.org