Librarian – Learning Resource Manager
£19.20 per hour
1 day a week (Wednesdays) until July/Aug 2019
About the company
We are recruiting for a part- time temporary Librarian, to work within an educational institution (6th Form) based in East London. The role will for 1 day per week until the end of July/August 2019.
What you will be doing
The primary focus of the Librarian job will to assist library users to be responsible for the management and development of library environment and resources, including information and communication technology (ICT) and to contribute to and support the curriculum. You will be liaising with teaching staff to design and plan lessons that satisfy curriculum needs and teach information skills. The successful candidate will develop a library user education programme which develops students’ independent access to the library and its resources, including ICT.
You will assist the students to become proficient in using on line resources and help library users find material to meet their needs. You will be managing the library management system and supporting its use by students and run the overdue system
Why you’ll be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Chartered Librarian qualification or equivalent library experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, project management and problem-solving capabilities
- Good organisational and time-management skills, including ability to prioritise a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the ICT to contribute and to support the curriculum and the need to develop ICT resources and book-based resources. Ability to manage a library management library system.
- Good literacy skills to write library policies and reports and to contribute to other school polices and plans.
- The ability to deliver training and Inset to teaching staff on lesson plans that satisfy the curriculum needs and to teach information skills to pupils.
Why you should apply
This is a great opportunity for an exceptional candidate to put your library and teaching knowledge and experience to work with a talented team.
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5468 or Ioanna.firstname.lastname@example.org