highly competitive salary
about 1 month ago
A leading and highly regarded international law firm has a new job opportunity based in Edinburgh for a Senior Information Specialist, to join their Legal Information and Knowledge service.
This position focuses on the management of legal information resources aross several libraries, and legal research.
Key job responsibilities for the Senior Information Specialist will include:
- Undertaking knowledge and research duties for the region, utilising a range of online and hard copy resources
- Supporting fee-earners and employees based in Scotland with all Knowledge requirements working with the central Knowledge team as well as the local PSLs.
- Promoting and raising awareness of Knowledge services and resources
- To maintain the hard copy collection
- Delivering training
- Delivering current awareness services
- Ongoing project work
This is a permanent job opportunity that would suit a Research and Information professional from another law firm or a professional services firm with a minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience, including:
- Practical experience of undertaking research, using a range of research and information databases such as Lexis, Westlaw etc.
- Degree level, having achieved an Information / Library and Information qualification and Chartered CILIP Status, membership of BIALL or similar desirable
- Experience of delivering training
You should possess excellent communication skills in addition to:
- a flexible approach to working as part of a team
- an enthusiastic, can-do attitude and first rate presentation skills
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly knowledge and research services team in a successful firm, based in Edinburgh with the ability to attend other offices in Scotland when required.
To be considered for this and other legal knowledge and information job vacancies please apply with your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org