£21.98 - 24.73 per hour
020 7378 5459
DR - 26077
3 months ago
Senior Library Manager, Customer Network
Surrey – WORK FROM HOME
£21.98 - £24.73 per hour D.O.E.
2 Month Fixed Term Contract
35 hours a week
About the company
We are presently recruiting for a Public Sector client in the Surrey area, who are seeking a Senior Library Manager for an initial 2 month Fixed Term Contract, to assist with the planning, developing and implementing of strategies in the re-opening of their libraries. This will be a ‘Work from Home’ position with support provided by their IT division.
The role will focus on:
- Planning and implementing Customer Service strategies
- Detailing plans and policies for the delivery of the library service
- Responsibility for workforce management. The role holder will physically line manage 6 FTE staff, whilst the responsibilities of the role will have an impact on approximately 300+ staff
- Oversee and control budget spend, ensuring that there is a positive impact on raising income whilst also identifying funding options
- Support and liaise with Senior Managers and Head of Services on all matters pertaining to policy and resources for the respective teams
Additional Responsibilities that the role encompasses
- Manage delivery of high-quality services in line with strategy and business plans, and review the
operations to identify improvements in systems, processes, procedures and working methods, and
propose changes to secure greater efficiency and more efficient service delivery.
- Develop and implement initiatives to generate income and stimulate public interest.
Planning & Organising
• Contribute to the development and ensure implementation and evaluation of longer-term plans and proposals for the future scope and scale of the service in line with council strategy.
• Ensure the execution of major projects and reviews to high professional standards and best practice.
Analysis, Reporting & Documentation
- Instigate monitoring and reporting processes to inform and ensure that the service is effective, compliant, responsive and of high quality.
• Plan, control and monitor allocation and use of allocated budget/resources/funding effectively to ensure maximum value is delivered.
Work with others
• Liaise internally and externally to ensure the department/service issues are appropriately represented and acted upon to enhance service delivery.
• Work with a range of agencies and partners to develop services in line with government policies, and to promote and coordinate initiatives.
• Manage the service delivery of teams and units to ensure all relevant annual targets and goals are delivered within budgetary/resource constraint.
• Lead, motivate and develop individuals using a coaching approach, to better meet current and future requirements.
Why you’ll be hired
- Professional postgraduate qualification in Librarianship plus substantial experience at Senior Management level
- Strong knowledge and awareness of service delivery
- Extensive knowledge of library service initiatives
- Project Management experience beneficial
- Relevant experience of developing and implementing strategies and policies
- Knowledge of driving strategic change
- Good understanding of the Public Sector environment and the challenges and constraints facing it
- Strong knowledge of managing financial, procurement and budgetary control procedures
- Exceptional organisational and management skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- High level problem solving and analytical skills
- Good IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
Why you should apply
If you are looking to work with a Senior Level position, and are immediately available, then this is the role for you
If you are interested in learning more information about the role.
Please get in touch on 020 7378 5469 or firstname.lastname@example.org