6 months ago
A leading international law firm has a permanent job opportunity for a Senior Research & Training Librarian to join a central library and information research team, within its central London offices.
What you’ll be doing
The team are looking for an information professional with strong research skills to provide legal and business research to the firm. You will be responsible for delivering a comprehensive legal research training programme for the fee-earners. You will be expected to have a pro-active approach to continuously improve how training is provided within the firm. This role will see you establishing yourself as a practice group liaison. This role would suit a candidate, ideally with a legal background, passionate about both research and how to best deliver training. You may be contemplating stepping up to the next level to leave your stamp on a role.
You will also assist with the creation of current awareness monitors and work proactively across the business to help promote library and information services.
Who you are
Applications for this job are welcomed from candidates who possess:
- A library/information management/studies qualification
- Having experience of designing and delivering research programmes
- Having a passionate interest in and experience of implementing process improvements and innovative technologies.
- Excellent research skills, including the ability to manage customer expectations
- Knowledge of legal information databases such as Lexis and Westlaw
- The willingness to develop research skills in new areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong customer focus
- The ability to work under their own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Having specialist knowledge of library resources, including keeping up to date on new features and developments and proactively highlighting these to fee-earning groups and colleagues.
- Promoting global resources throughout the firm and engaging with stakeholders to ensure efforts are aligned.
- Providing current awareness and advising users on how to set up their own searches based on thorough understanding of various news sources.
What’s in it for me
This is a superb job opportunity to join a small and close-knit team who have built up a strong reputation across the firm.
To be considered for this or similar library and information management job opportunities please apply with your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org